How We Keep Our Students and Staff Safe During COVID-19
We at Optimus Learning School know that during these unprecedented times, the health and safety of our students and staff are our main priorities. We are taking the advice from local authorities and the CDC in updating our protocols and procedures. During this time, we would like to inform you of the updated systems and plans we will be implementing in response to COVID-19.
We will be implementing the following protocols:
- Parents are asked not to enter the facility. Parents will drop off their students at the main entrance, where an Optimus staff member will screen their students.
- Screen students upon arrival and students who have a fever of 100.4 degrees or above or other signs of illness will not be admitted to the facility. Students who have been screened will receive a sticker upon entering the facility to notify the staff that they have been successfully screened.
- Students will be required to wash their hands upon arrival and at every break time with soap and water.
- Students will be asked to wear face coverings within the facility.*
- Staff will be required to wear face coverings.*
- Maintain an adequate ratio of staff to students to ensure safety.
- Hand hygiene stations set up at the entrance of the facility and in each classroom.
- Administer social distancing strategies, such as limiting the mixing of students by keeping grades separate.
- Increased cleaning of all our facilities, which includes disinfecting frequently touched surfaces.
- Optimus will NOT be providing any lunch service.
- Each student will have a designated area where they may store their items.
- Optimus employees have been trained on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms.
Optimus will continue to update these protocols in the guidance of our local and state officials.
The following are the guidelines we will follow for cloth face-coverings. A cloth face-covering is a material that covers the nose and mouth; it can be secured to the head with ties or straps or wrapped around the lower face; it can be made of a variety of materials, such as cotton, silk, or linen; and a face covering may be factory-made or sewn by hand, or can be improvised from household items such as scarves, T-shirts, sweatshirts, or towels.
In addition to these new protocols, we regularly ventilate all our facilities to ensure a healthy learning environment.
Furthermore, we understand that there is uncertainty in these times, and we have made the decision to extend credit to our summer program students should Optimus not be permitted to facilitate the summer program.
These changes have been made for Optimus to continue to support our students and staff in a healthy and safe environment. It is our mission to continue to provide students with a safe place to learn. We want all our parents and students to know that we are here and will remain to provide our students with classes and programs held in-person and virtually throughout these ever-changing times.
We hope that everyone continues to be healthy and safe, and if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Tagged:At Optimus we strive to instill a balance between the values of discipline and critical thinking. We are dedicated to this philosophy because we believe that it will enable students to grow successfully as individuals and in their academic careers. Optimus Learning School offers an after school program in Brea such as math help and homework help. Optimus After School Program in Brea serves Brea, Fullerton, and Yorba Linda/Placentia areas. Optimus Learning School also offers SAT, ACT, PSAT, AP, IB programs in Brea. Our classes have a small ratio, with an average of 4-5 students per teacher. We offer such classes as AP Calculus, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science and various other AP classes. Students can enroll in our daily tutoring service or our once a week classes. Optimus Learning School serves Brea, Fullerton, Yorba Linda, and Placentia areas.